Saving money 101

Saving money 101

Self-made millionaires develop the habit of regular saving and investment from an
early age. As the multimillionaire W. Clement Stone once wrote, “If you cannot
save money, the seeds of greatness are not in you.”How to start saving moneyGeorge Classon, in his best seller, The Richest Man In Babylon, wrote that the key to financial success is to “pay yourself first.” He recommends that you save at least 10% of your income, off the top, before any other expenditure, for the entirety of your working life.

Human beings are creatures of habit. We very quickly adapt to almost any external condition or circumstance. If you save 10% off the top of your paycheck, and discipline yourself to live on the other 90%, you will soon adjust your lifestyle downward slightly so that you are quite comfortable on the lesser amount. In no time at all, living at this level becomes a habit and you stop thinking about it.

Many people are deeply in debt and the idea of saving 10% of their income, off the
top of each paycheck, is too difficult for them even to consider.

In this case, which is quite common, Brian Tracy recommend a gradual process where you begin by saving 1% of your income and living on the other 99%. For example, if you are earning $2000 per month, make a decision today to save $20 per month, or 67 cents per day. You can then live on the other $1,980.

Go down to the bank and open up a separate account, your “financial independence” account. Money that goes into this account only flows only one way- inward. Once you put money into this savings/investment account, you never, ever take it out or spend it for any reason.

It has only one purpose: to enable you to achieve financial independence as soon as possible.

Once you have become comfortable living on 99% of your income, increase your
monthly savings rate to 2% off the top. Within one year, you will find yourself
living quite comfortably on 10% of your current income.

Continue this process until you are saving 15% and then 20% of your income, off the top. You will not even notice the difference in your standard of living because it will be so gradual.

But the difference in your financial life will be absolutely extraordinary!

I’d love to hear from you, in the comments below.

Please, tell me your way of saving money? Did you start this way?

When did you start counting your pennies?

Thank you, for contributing so generously here!

With love,
Yasen

Безплатни маркетинг стратегии за успеха на вашия Онлайн магазин
Signup today and receive free updates straight in your inbox. We will never share or sell your email address.
I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp ( more information )

Share the Post

About the Author

A passionate product marketing specialist and digital strategist. Expert at taking new ideas to market.

Four years of cross-industry experience in Business Management, Strategic Sales & Partnerships, Digital & Traditional Marketing. Interested in Marketing, Internet marketing, Digital communications, Consumer behaviour, Online games, HI-FI & Home Theater Solutions, Architecture, Hotel design and services.

Excellent communicator and team leader. Experienced salesman, marketer and project manager.

Comments

No comment yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

tQGM I N ViQu zDB

Please type the text above:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Saving money 101